RULES OF PLAY:
The official rules for the JW Basketball Tournaments are the same as the CIF High School and except as noted below:
- All divisions will be 2-14 minute Stop Time halves.
- Each overtime will be 2-minutes STOP TIME. There will be a sudden death period after two overtimes. One additional timeout for each overtime period. Time-outs are not cumulative. No sudden death for Championship Games, teams will play until a winner is determined.
- A forfeit MAY be declared [by the gym supervisor] if a team fails to appear with at least five (5) eligible players at game time; fifteen to zero (15-0) shall be the recorded score.
- High School Students ARE NOT eligible for 8th Grade/14U Divisions and below.
- Game clock becomes running time when the point spread is 20 points or more (SECOND HALF ONLY). When the point spread narrows to 15 points or less, the clock will revert to stop time.
- Final standings in each pool/round robin will be determined by the win/loss record.
- Two way ties are determined by head to head.
- In case of a three way tie, the team with the most points +/- 15 points is declared the top team. The team with the next most points is declared second, and the team with the third most points is declared third.
- Point totals from all games played will be counted, which includes ALL teams in the pool.
- CONTINUING THREE WAY TIE BREAKERS:
- If a three way tie remains after the tie breaker, the “least points scored against” will be used.
- If a three way tie remains, the “most points scored” will be used.
- If a three way tie remains, a coin flip will be used. First Flip: 3 coins tossed and odd team out. Second Flip: 1 coin used.
- When shooting free throws, the players may enter the lane on the release.
- One and One Bonus on the 10th foul, NO DOUBLE BONUS.
- Three (3) Forty-Second (40) time outs.
- The 10-second count is in effect.
- Only two coaches per team can sit on or stand near the bench.
- The head coach is the only certified person that can approach the scoretable with questions. All other coaches must remain on the bench. Only one (1) person can be standing at all times.
- If you forfeit any games and especially on Monday, you WILL NOT BE INVITED to future JW Basketball events.
- Please remember we have many traveling teams in JW Basketball events that want to play additional games.
**GIRLS PLAYING ON BOYS TEAM**
- All girls MUST qualify under the same eligibility rules as boys.
- Girls MUST play in their official grade level.
- There will be a limit of two girls per team.
- Girls must also follow the rule stated below “Playing on two  teams, Boys or Girls”.
PLAYING ON TWO  TEAMS:
- Players may play for one team/one organization only. Exception: Players can play for two teams in the same organization.
- Players from the same org CANNOT play on two teams in the same grade/age division. Ex: 1 player cannot play in the 8 Gold and 8 Silver.
- JW Basketball Tournaments offer minimum 3 games each tournament. Playing on 2 teams is very tiring and can be unhealthy.
- The Head Coach is responsible for the conduct of his/her spectators and athletes. IF there is an ejection, the Head Coach will be asked to remove the ejected person(s) from the facility. The Head Coach will be responsible for any damages incurred to the facilities or property used by the athletes.
- If a Team Coach, Assistant Coach, Athlete, or spectator/parent is ejected from a game, he/she may be suspended for ONE FULL GAME (the following game) and will not be allowed on the property. It is also the responsibility of the Coach, Assistant Coach, or Team/Parent Representative to insure the ejected adult or athlete does not enter the property of the school. The JW Basketball Tournament staff reserves the right to remove any coach, player, or fan from the facility for inappropriate behavior. Teams may also be removed from the tournament with no refunds.
- Scoresheets must be checked for complete information (including numbers) by parent representatives or coaches 30 minutes before the start of each game.
- The HOME TEAM shall provide the game ball. If both teams cannot agree on a game ball, an alternate ball as chosen by tournament/gym supervisors will be used.
- Boys divisions 6th Grade and above will play with a 29.5″ basketball.
- Boys divisions 5th Grade and lower will play with a 28.5″ basketball.
- All girls divisions will play with a 28.5″ basketball.
- All protests must be made BEFORE start of the game (to the official and scorekeeper) and noted on the score sheet.
- Protests regarding officials or scorekeepers WILL NOT be allowed. “Third Party Protests” WILL NOT be allowed. A $50 fee MUST accompany all protests. The fee will be refunded if protest is valid. Officials’ decisions will be final. Any questions pertaining to the eligibility of a player or team shall be directed to the Gym Supervisor BEFORE the start of the game. All Boys teams must bring Birth Certificates and Report Cards and All Girls teams must bring Report Cards for verification upon request. THE COACH OF THE TEAM must submit the protest in person.
The following is the JW Basketball Refund Policy:
14 Days BEFORE: NO REFUND
15-21 Days BEFORE: 50% REFUND
HOME & VISITOR:
- The HOME team and shall wear white or light colored uniforms and the VISITING team and shall wear dark uniforms.
- The Home team shall sit to the left of the score table and take the opposite basket for pre game warm-up and first-half play. The visiting team is the second team listed on the schedule [right side].
TEAM WAIVER FORMS:
- All players and coaches must be listed on the team waiver form and parents must sign the form before participation.
- It is the responsibility of the Coach and Team Representative to insure that all participants are officially registered and verify that the athletes, parents, coaches, spectators, and volunteers are completely aware and have been advised that they will waive all claims against JW Basketball together with their affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees or volunteers of the organizations; event officials; medical personnel; other participants, their parents, guardian(s), supervisors and coaches; sponsoring agencies; sponsors; advertisers; and, if applicable, owners, lessors, and lessees of premises.