- Dribble and handle the ball with both left and the right hand
- Proper shooting technique.
- Understanding of the basic defensive principles.
Beginner Plus (Green)
- Easily performs right and left handed lay ups.
- Ability to dribble in traffic
- Understanding of proper defensive stance and proper movement.
- Understands and can do defensive concepts.
- Can perform JW Basketball 6 break down moves on offense to get by a defender.
- Proper shooting technique off the dribble.
- Proper catch and shoot.
- Understand basic techniques of footwork and shooting.
- Can perform triple threat, jabs, rips, and JW pivots
- Can execute JW footwork techniques on offense and defense.
- Footwork of movement off the curls, step backs, and flair steps.
- Shot consistency off the catch, shoot, and dribble from the 15 foot area.
- Understanding of how to get open for a shot.
- Understanding of how to move with and without the ball.
- Understanding of lane movements and how to run a fast break.
- Advanced skill level on movement.
- Can perform breakdown moves with proper footwork on offense and defense.
- Can breakdown opposition on a consistent basis.
- Can play strong 1 on 1 defense.
- Shot consistency off the catch, shoot, and dribble from the 18-20 foot area.
- Understand the advanced JW footwork on the college level for getting to the basket and creating space.
- Can perform step back moves on offense with both hands.
- Understand the use of the teardrop and the Euro Step.
- Understands low post movements.
- Wing skills on the left and right side.
- JW Basketball IQ for intermediate and advanced offenses and defenses.
- Advanced JW footwork on offense and defense.
- Can perform JW basketball run slide run training drills.
- Can perform proper off screen movements.
- Can perform proper pick and roll techniques on offense and defense.
- Understands help defense, hedge, and rotation.
- Can perform proper backdoor, V cut, back screen, and slide screen movements.
- Can perform JW’s complex movements off the dribble, off the catch, and shoot from the 18-20 feet area.
- Can finish plays in traffic with contact and through hard fouls.
- Shows consistent work ethic and training on a daily basis.
Advanced Plus (Black)
- Must have a varsity high basketball IQ
- Desire to advance and appreciate the game of basketball
- Well rounded player with leadership qualities.
- Extreme quality in skill level and technique.
- JW High school skill level on ball handling and dribbling.
- Shot consistency of the dribble and catch and shoot with multiple movements.
- At least 50% from the field when shooting out of 50 shots.
- Shoots at least 500 shots per day.
- High endurance and maturity levels.
- Has above average ability to play multiple positions on the basketball court.
- Able to complete combine level training.
- Has proper academic grade requirements to qualify to play in US colleges.
- Ability to read advanced offenses and defenses quickly.
- Development of type “A” personality traits.
- Able to handle “stay or stick” in US college environments.
College Ready (Gold)
- Has full filed all requirements and passed al skill levels needed to play college basketball in the US.
- Academics are clean and ready.
Basketball places unique physical and mental demands upon its athletes. Basketball is a fast-paced and explosive game of real-time tactical execution that requires physical agility, explosive strength, healthy joints, aerobic endurance, and mental acuity.